Tuesday, December 26, 2023

On Completion of the Third Anniversary of KVR Literary Circle

 Greetings and best wishes to all the group members,   

       https://chat.whatsapp.com/G8qtKa29sND9XtmtQlijXH                                                                      

Celebrating its third anniversary, the KVR Literary Circle stands as a progressive and transformative community, uniting students from SVU-Tirupati, YVU-Kadapa, CUTN-Tamilnadu, and admirers of the multifaceted KV Raghupathi Sir, renowned as a Great Teacher, Guide, Mentor, Poet, Writer, Critic, Philosopher, and Yogi. This literary haven originates in a remarkable incident that profoundly shaped the founder's vision and purpose. 

In 2018, Dr. KV Raghupathi offered invaluable advice, encouraging the establishment of the KVR Literary Circle. This visionary suggestion carried the weight of Dr. Raghupathi's insights and promised a literary endeavor transcending boundaries, uniting like-minded individuals. However, fate intervened, leading to unexpected events that temporarily postponed the realization of this literary dream.

At the end of October 2020, a significant moment unfolded as I survived a harrowing RTC bus accident during a journey. I felt something suffocating at midnight. It was five past 12 o clock in midnight. I tried to open the window for fresh air. I observed all corners of the bus and noticed everyone was asleep. At that moment, I felt I was the only conscious being there, along with the driver... I thought.  But it was proved wrong. I sensed a potential danger on the cards at that time, as the bus was moving like a snake on a dark night in the forest, and the driver was dozing off. I yelled at the driver, and I called the Supreme Godhead, as there was nothing I could do from my end. Within a fraction of a second, the bus fell at the driver's end and careened off the divider, gliding over the other side of the road, screeching, and then dropped into a forest stream nearly 20 feet below the highway.  Luckily, no vehicle was passing on the other side of the road. If any car were passing, it would be a great catastrophe. A humble neem tree, an unlikely savior, saved the poor bus from that horrible catastrophe. The tree served as a shock absorber, lessening the impact and ensuring the safety of 54 passengers by sacrificing itself. Amidst the wreckage, I succumbed under the passengers and a pile of luggage. As an NCC officer, I drew upon military training to guide fellow passengers to safety.



This traumatic experience catalyzed change, inspiring the establishment of the KVR Literary Circle. Conceived in response to life's fragility and the profound interconnectedness of humanity and nature, the circle emerged as a platform dedicated to eco-poetry. It fosters an understanding of the environment and our shared responsibility towards it.

The narrative encapsulates my personal journey from adversity to inspiration and underscores the transformative power of literature. The KVR Literary Circle, focusing on nature-centric poetry, serves as a poignant reminder that creativity can emerge from unexpected places. As the group commemorates its third year, it symbolizes resilience, unity, and the potential for positive change through literature and shared experiences. The neem tree, a silent guardian in the darkness, becomes a metaphor for the circle—a source of strength, protection, and growth.                                                                                                                                                                         

I thank all the group members for successfully completing their third year. Let's hope for the best in the coming year.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/G8qtKa29sND9XtmtQlijXH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twin Dawns on Mid August: 15th August.

(Birth of Sri Aurobindo and the Birth of Free India)  *On the 154th Birth Anniversary of Sri Aurobindo*  Bonne fête! Bonne fête, O Lord Divi...