Saturday, December 23, 2023

The Surprising Story of Big Tirumala Laddu

 The Surprising Story of Big


Thirumala Laddu:

In 2006, I worked at Govt Jr College, Kowthalam, Kurnool District, near Manthralayam. One day, the Department of Science planned a trip to Manthralayam. The science staff and students invited me to participate in the trip. I told them I had work at Kadapa; hence, I needed to go. I politely declined their invitation. However, I informed the students that anyone who concentrates their mind on the divine feet of Sri Raghavendra Swamy during the darshan of his Brindavan (Sajeeva Samadhi) at the shrine of Manthralayam will definitely receive the blessings/prasada of Kamalanath (Kamala = Lakshmi, Nath = Lord Vishnu/Lord Balaji). Students exclaimed that His prasada means Thirumala Laddu... sir!!! Shall we get that Laddu??? They remarked playfully. I smiled and assured them they would surely get the Big Laddu. The big Laddu will be distributed to the devotees who perform the Kalyanotsava Puja Seva at Tirumala of Seven Hills, the abode of Lord Venkatesha. I applied for a casual leave and left for Kadapa.



Mr. Raghavendra, a lecturer in Chemistry, led 30 science students to Manthralayam. He was a native of that town and had worked daily during the evening procession during his childhood days at the temple, playing drums. He was a well-known person there. After the darshan of Sri Raghavendra Swamy, the students came out when a six-foot-tall, majestic lady stood regally, holding a Big Laddu from Tirumala in both hands. It was strange to see Laddu at Manthralayam. The students were amazed. She interacted with the students and inquired about their teacher. Raghavendra, the lecturer in Chemistry, was busy talking with the temple priests. The students called him to come out. He rushed out and was astonished to see that tall, gentle lady with the Big Laddu in her hand. She handed over the fresh Big Kalyana Seva Laddu and told him to distribute it to the students. The students reminded me of my words through phone calls. 

I was amazed too!!! 

The concluding part of the Sri Raghavendra Swamy Sthotra goes like this:  

"Yo Bhkthya Guru Raghavedra charana dwandham smaran yah pateth,  

Stotram divyamidham sada nahi bhaved thasyaa sukham kinchna  

Kintvistartha samriddireva Kamalanatha Prasadodayath."  

Any devotee who can concentrate his/her mind on the Divine Lotus feet of Sri Raghavendra (Sri Sri Sri Raja Prahlad) will surely receive the blessings of Lord Venkateshwara.  

"Why did I say the above lines to the students..."  

"Why did that tall, gentle woman appear and hand over that Big Laddu to the students..."

It's still a mystery for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twin Dawns on Mid August: 15th August.

(Birth of Sri Aurobindo and the Birth of Free India)  *On the 154th Birth Anniversary of Sri Aurobindo*  Bonne fête! Bonne fête, O Lord Divi...